Best Piping System Training Institute
Join the Best Piping System Training Institute
Tailor your career by joining the best piping design training institute in India
Mechanical engineering is considered to be one of the evergreen branches after electronics and communication engineering. Sofcon is one of the institutions which are known as best piping design training institute Noida Delhi NCR. They have the world-class facility of the classrooms along with superb lab facility. The labs are equipped with state of art equipment to teach students. Sofcon is one of those institutions who offer live project piping design training in India.
Sofcon is one of the leading institutes who is offering piping design training course in India. Corporate professionals take the classes of the students, that is, teaching the students. One of the best things about Sofcon is that they emphasize on practical experience more and this enables to get ready for future experiences. As the more experience, you have the better you are going to do in your interviews. Along with the practical exposure, they also ensure that students get placed in companies whether an MNC or a start-up. It is one of the institutions who is offering piping design training with 100% placement assistance.
For further information or assistance on the scope of piping design training in India, Sofcon can reach out for any query. The course material is designed in such a way that students learn about the course and also gains practical hands-on experience. They use real-world simulation for training students, and this ultimately helps them in getting jobs after mechanical engineering easily. The scope of piping designing training in India increases to an extent that it helps in getting jobs faster.
Students are given practical exposure and in-depth knowledge is taught to them. for example, piping systems, reactors, vessels, furnace, various phases of project execution, piping layouts, introduction to oil and gas industry which is necessary for onshore and offshore petroleum and many more. Once you complete the course, you will be assisted with placement. Every year thousands of students are getting placed in different companies from different sectors. Students open new doors of opportunity after finishing piping systems training from Sofcon.
What we learn…..
Module : 1
INTRODUCTION TO PLANT ENGINEERING
• Organization EPC Structures & hierarchy .
• Over view of an Engineering Organization.
• Plant Engineering function.
• Basics of Engineering, procurement & construction Field.
• Overview of EPC Industry & Scope.
• Design Methodology of EPC Industry.
• PMC model.
• Overview of Basic Engineering Packages.
• Basic Design Requirement Based on Petro-chemical, Oil & Gas, Refineries, Pharmaceutical, Power Plant, Steel Plant, Cement Plant etc.
• Piping Codes & Standards – API,ASME Etc .
• Environmental & design considerations.
• Role & Responsibility of Piping Engineer in Various Industry.
• Detail of various process condition by client side & their documents.
• Role & Responsibility of Piping Engineer
• Piping Job Prospects.
FUNDAMENTAL OF PIPING DESIGN
• Introduction to Process Plants.
• Plant Piping System & Transportation Pipelines.
• Piping Procedures and workflow
• Unit operations and Unit processes.
• Process Flow Diagram-PFD
• Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
• Review of PDS
• Line Designation table
• Introduction of Piping System & their limitation.
• Introduction of P&ID ,PDS & PMS.
• Introduction of key Piping equipments used in projects.
FUNDAMENTALS OF PIPES
• Definition & Application of Pipe.
• Difference Between Pipes & Tube.
• Pipe Designators-NPS, IPS, NB, Pipe Wall Thickness & Schedule , Pipe Weight, Length, Grades, Ends, Joining Methods, Method of Manufacture, Pipe Rating & Pipe Symbols.
• ASTM Specification of Pipes.
• Piping restraints.
• Pipe dimensions and pipe representation .
ASME/API CODES & STANDARDS
• Introduction to B31.3 process piping codes
• ASME standards for Common Piping Elements.
• Piping specifications
• Material selection
PIPING MATERIAL SPECIFICATION(PMS) & PIPE CLASS
• Material properties
• Classification of materials
• Material specifications (ASTM)
• Common piping materials
• Piping specifications
• Material selection
• P-T rating
• Material testing, inspection and QA
PIPE FITTING ASME STANDARD,SYMBOLS,SELECTION & APPLICATION
• Types of Pipe Fitting
• Fitting dimensions and tables
• Pipe Bends
• Branch Connections
• Fabricated Branch Connections
• Branch Reinforcement
• Pipe joining methods
• Reducers ,Expenders Offset Calculations.
• Weld Cap & Plugs.
• Stub End & Their Types.
• Types of Couplings
• Types of Swages & their Applications.
• Class of Screwed & Sockets types.
PIPE FLANGES ASME STANDARD,SYMBOLS,SELECTION & APPLICATION
• Basics of flanges & Their Requirements
• Flange ratings and flange types
• Flange data tables and their sizes.
• Flange Facing & Flange Face Finish types.
• Weld Neck, Slip On, Threaded, Socket Weld, Lap-Joints, Reducing, Blind & Orifice Flanges.
• Gasket types & Thickness.
• Bolts & Nuts Types.
PIPE SUPPORTS ASME STANDARD,SYMBOLS,SELECTION & APPLICATION
• Classification of Support
• Field/ Base Support.
• Flexible/ Spring /Pick up Supports.
• Control Valve Manifold Support.
• Pipe Rack and Their Types.
• Pipe Shoe, Shoe Guides.
• Anchors, Pipe Guides, Limit Stops, Pipe Shoe ,Sleepers.
• Dummy Leg/Trunion
• Rigid Hangers, Rods & Clevis, Trapeze
• Flexible Hangers, Variable & Constant Types
• Pipe Rack Design with Height & Width Calculation
• Piping Arrangements.
• Types of Spool & their uses.
• Guidelines to Prepare Spool Drawings.
• Guidelines for dimensioning spools.
• Print Reading Exercises.
• Exercises on Creation of Piping Spool from Piping Isometrics.
• MTO (Material Take Off): Types, Applications.
• Basics of Valves.
• Types of Valves
• Operation & Function of Valves
• Control Valve Manifold
• Valves Trim, Defects & Operators.
• Valves Selection
• Valve Data Sheet
PIPING OF HYDRAULICS & SIZING
• Flow rate, pipe sizing calculations.
• Typical Velocities for water Piping
• Reynolds number- laminar/turbulent flow
• Darcy weisbach ,Hazen William ,Colebrook White Equation
• Moody Diagram.
• Minor Losses in Pipe Fitting & their Calculation using Nomographs and Chart.
• Pressure drop calculations, NPSH calculations
• Friction Factor.
• Required Pressure & Horse Power.
PIPING DESIGN FOR PRESSURE PROCESSING SYSTEM.
• Scope of ASME B31.3, B31.4 & B31.8
• Max Design Pressure(MDP) For Piping System.
• Branch Reinforcement- Reinforcement Pad Calculation
• Pipeline wall thickness Calculation-B31.4/B31.8
• MAOP- Maximum Allowable operating Pressure for Pipelines.
• Pressure Design for Miter Bends
EQUIPMENTS USED IN PROCESS PLANTS
• Process equipment [Reactors, Towers, Exchangers, Furnaces, Vessels, Columns.
• Mechanical equipment [Pumps, Compressors, Storage tanks]
• Equipment foundations and supports
• Equipment sketches
• Equipment drawings
• Equipment Vendor Data
• Equipment lists
• Typical equipment specifications
• Equipment Layout Terminology
• Equipment nozzle specifications
• Nozzle Orientation & Scheduling
• Equipment foundation drawings
PIPE INSULATION& HEAT TRACING
• Introduction of Insulation
• Introduction of Heat Tracing
• Preparing an Insulation Specification
• Data Required for Making an Insulation Specification
PLOT PLANS AND PLANT LAYOUT
• Codes and safety considerations.
• Control Point & Battery Limit.
• Piping line lists.
• Drum Piping, Pump Piping.
• Column Piping.
• Jacket Piping.
• Line tracing: Types (Electric/steam).
• Compressor Piping, Heat Exchanger Piping.
Module : 2
PIPING DRAWINGS & LAYOUTS
• Plant layout specifications.
• Plot Plan Development.
• Equipment arrangement drawings.
• Preparation of Piping drawings for field instruments & valves etc.
• Piping Rack & Spacing, Drawing pipe in the rack etc.
• Piping G A Drawing
• Tank & Vessel Layout Consideration.
• Pipe Isometrics Drawings
Course Duration: 80 Hrs
Eligibility: B.Tech/M.Tech (ME)
• 3 Months Job Oriented Training
• 2/4/6 Weeks Summer/Winter Training
• 6 Months Internship Training
• Fast Track Training
• Customize Training
• College/Corporate Training
• Week Days/Regular Training
• Weekend Training