- Industrial Automation System Training
- Industrial Mechanical System Training
- HVAC & Refregeration System Training
- Mechanical Electrical Plumbing Training
- Integrated Building Management Training
- Piping Design & Drafting Training
- Electrical Design & Drafting Training
- Solar Design & Drafting Training
- Instrumentation Design & Drafting Training
- Process Design & Drafting Training
- Civil-Structure Design & Drafting Training
- PCB & Circuit Design & Drafting Training
- Embedded System & Applied Robotics
- IT & Software Training
- MATLAB Training
- LABVIEW Training
- VLSI Training
Piping Design & Drafting
»Overview of EPC Sector for various Industries .
»Introduction to Process Plant Engineering.
»Internal departmental coordination reference documentation.
»Relevant Code & Standards for Piping Engineering.
»Use of International Standard for Design Basis, Std Practices/Procedure & specification.
»Introduction to Oil & Gas Industry for Onshore & Offshore Petroleum.
»Understanding client requirement & specific Inputs for project.
»Knowing various phase of Project Execution.
»Preparation of Drawings & Documents.
»Mechanical Symbols & Abbreviation.
»Piping & Instrumentation diagram(P&ID)
»Process flow diagram(PFD)
»Piping Material Specification(PMS) & Pipe Class.
»Piping Technical Specification & Equipment Data Sheet.
»Fundamental of Piping system.
»Fundamental of Piping Design & Piping layouts.
»Fundamentals of Pipes & Pipe fittings(Elbow, Tee, Expender, Reducer, Union, End Cap Etc).
»Piping System & Components(Flanges, Anchors, Sleepers, Guides Etc).
»Equipments used in Process Plants (Reactors, Exchangers, Vessel, Tower, Furnace, Columns, Pump, Storage tank).
»Piping Spool & Pipe Supports.
»Selection & Sizing of Mechanical Valves.
»Piping Design for Pressure Processing System.
»Pipe Hydraulic System.
»Pipe Pneumatic System.
»Pipe Insulation& Heat Tracing.
»Piping Isometric Drawings.
»Key Plan & Unit Plan.
»Plot Plans and Process Piping Layouts.
»Piping GA Drawings
»Piping Protection & Safety Consideration.
»Testing, Troubleshooting & Maintenance of Mechanical Equipments.
»Role & Responsibilities of Piping Engineer in various Domains
Module : 1
INTRODUCTION TO PLANT ENGINEERING
• Organization EPC Structures & hierarchy .
• Over view of an Engineering Organization.
• Plant Engineering function.
• Basics of Engineering, procurement & construction Field.
• Overview of EPC Industry & Scope.
• Design Methodology of EPC Industry.
• PMC model.
• Overview of Basic Engineering Packages.
• Basic Design Requirement Based on Petro-chemical, Oil & Gas, Refineries, Pharmaceutical, Power Plant, Steel Plant, Cement Plant etc.
• Piping Codes & Standards – API,ASME Etc .
• Environmental & design considerations.
• Role & Responsibility of Piping Engineer in Various Industry.
• Detail of various process condition by client side & their documents.
• Role & Responsibility of Piping Engineer
• Piping Job Prospects.
FUNDAMENTAL OF PIPING DESIGN
• Introduction to Process Plants.
• Plant Piping System & Transportation Pipelines.
• Piping Procedures and workflow
• Unit operations and Unit processes.
• Process Flow Diagram-PFD
• Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
• Review of PDS
• Line Designation table
• Introduction of Piping System & their limitation.
• Introduction of P&ID ,PDS & PMS.
• Introduction of key Piping equipments used in projects.
FUNDAMENTALS OF PIPES
• Definition & Application of Pipe.
• Difference Between Pipes & Tube.
• Pipe Designators-NPS, IPS, NB, Pipe Wall Thickness & Schedule , Pipe Weight, Length, Grades, Ends, Joining Methods, Method of Manufacture, Pipe Rating & Pipe Symbols.
• ASTM Specification of Pipes.
• Piping restraints.
• Pipe dimensions and pipe representation .
ASME/API CODES & STANDARDS
• Introduction to B31.3 process piping codes
• ASME standards for Common Piping Elements.
• Piping specifications
• Material selection
PIPING MATERIAL SPECIFICATION(PMS) & PIPE CLASS
• Material properties
• Classification of materials
• Material specifications (ASTM)
• Common piping materials
• Piping specifications
• Material selection
• P-T rating
• Material testing, inspection and QA
PIPE FITTING ASME STANDARD,SYMBOLS,SELECTION & APPLICATION
• Types of Pipe Fitting
• Fitting dimensions and tables
• Pipe Bends
• Branch Connections
• Fabricated Branch Connections
• Branch Reinforcement
• Pipe joining methods
• Reducers ,Expenders Offset Calculations.
• Weld Cap & Plugs.
• Stub End & Their Types.
• Types of Couplings
• Types of Swages & their Applications.
• Class of Screwed & Sockets types.
PIPE FLANGES ASME STANDARD,SYMBOLS,SELECTION & APPLICATION
• Basics of flanges & Their Requirements
• Flange ratings and flange types
• Flange data tables and their sizes.
• Flange Facing & Flange Face Finish types.
• Weld Neck, Slip On, Threaded, Socket Weld, Lap-Joints, Reducing, Blind & Orifice Flanges.
• Gasket types & Thickness.
• Bolts & Nuts Types.
PIPE SUPPORTS ASME STANDARD,SYMBOLS,SELECTION & APPLICATION
• Classification of Support
• Field/ Base Support.
• Flexible/ Spring /Pick up Supports.
• Control Valve Manifold Support.
• Pipe Rack and Their Types.
• Pipe Shoe, Shoe Guides.
• Anchors, Pipe Guides, Limit Stops, Pipe Shoe ,Sleepers.
• Dummy Leg/Trunion
• Rigid Hangers, Rods & Clevis, Trapeze
• Flexible Hangers, Variable & Constant Types
• Pipe Rack Design with Height & Width Calculation
• Piping Arrangements.
• Types of Spool & their uses.
• Guidelines to Prepare Spool Drawings.
• Guidelines for dimensioning spools.
• Print Reading Exercises.
• Exercises on Creation of Piping Spool from Piping Isometrics.
• MTO (Material Take Off): Types, Applications.
• Basics of Valves.
• Types of Valves
• Operation & Function of Valves
• Control Valve Manifold
• Valves Trim, Defects & Operators.
• Valves Selection
• Valve Data Sheet
PIPING OF HYDRAULICS & SIZING
• Flow rate, pipe sizing calculations.
• Typical Velocities for water Piping
• Reynolds number- laminar/turbulent flow
• Darcy weisbach ,Hazen William ,Colebrook White Equation
• Moody Diagram.
• Minor Losses in Pipe Fitting & their Calculation using Nomographs and Chart.
• Pressure drop calculations, NPSH calculations
• Friction Factor.
• Required Pressure & Horse Power.
PIPING DESIGN FOR PRESSURE PROCESSING SYSTEM.
• Scope of ASME B31.3, B31.4 & B31.8
• Max Design Pressure(MDP) For Piping System.
• Branch Reinforcement- Reinforcement Pad Calculation
• Pipeline wall thickness Calculation-B31.4/B31.8
• MAOP- Maximum Allowable operating Pressure for Pipelines.
• Pressure Design for Miter Bends
EQUIPMENTS USED IN PROCESS PLANTS
• Process equipment [Reactors, Towers, Exchangers, Furnaces, Vessels, Columns.
• Mechanical equipment [Pumps, Compressors, Storage tanks]
• Equipment foundations and supports
• Equipment sketches
• Equipment drawings
• Equipment Vendor Data
• Equipment lists
• Typical equipment specifications
• Equipment Layout Terminology
• Equipment nozzle specifications
• Nozzle Orientation & Scheduling
• Equipment foundation drawings
PIPE INSULATION& HEAT TRACING
• Introduction of Insulation
• Introduction of Heat Tracing
• Preparing an Insulation Specification
• Data Required for Making an Insulation Specification
PLOT PLANS AND PLANT LAYOUT
• Codes and safety considerations.
• Control Point & Battery Limit.
• Piping line lists.
• Drum Piping, Pump Piping.
• Column Piping.
• Jacket Piping.
• Line tracing: Types (Electric/steam).
• Compressor Piping, Heat Exchanger Piping.
Module : 2
PIPING DRAWINGS & LAYOUTS
• Plant layout specifications.
• Plot Plan Development.
• Equipment arrangement drawings.
• Preparation of Piping drawings for field instruments & valves etc.
• Piping Rack & Spacing, Drawing pipe in the rack etc.
• Piping G A Drawing
• Tank & Vessel Layout Consideration.
• Pipe Isometrics Drawings